Henrys Last Days

Henrys Last Days
Henry Hudsons Last Days With His Son In His Hands

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Half Moon


I sailed my many voyages on Half Moon ships. The original ship was called the Halve Maen, and it was commissioned on March 25, 1609 for the Dutch East India Company. The company hired me although I am an Englishman. They hired me to search for a passageway between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. The Half Moon was about 85 feet in length across the deck and 64.5 feet in length across the keel. The ship could feet somewhere between 15 and 20 crew members and had about 4 anchors. It was a foremast ship. The ship at most could hold about 80 pounds of storage. This was good because then they didn’t have as much wieght but also they couldn’t hold as much food for the voyages. The out side of the ship was a clinker siding.

No comments: