Henrys Last Days

Henrys Last Days
Henry Hudsons Last Days With His Son In His Hands

Wednesday, May 23, 2007




My name is Henry Hudson,


I was born on September 12th 1575 in London and grew up in Hertfordshire about 17 miles from London. I married a woman named Katherine and had three children, John who has traveled with me on all three [four] voyages, Richard and Oliver. In my family I am the third by my name. My father and grandfather were also named Henry Hudson. Until now, I have participated in three voyages being the captain. I learnt my craft and skills by traveling with temporary seafarers and from my family who have long been sailors. I have learnt many things since being a sailor and am glad I have been able to help my fellow sailors. They often request my help when they need someone to make sure they don't hit any icebergs. I have learnt how to deal with harsh conditions, with fierce weather, difficult navigation and the unknown. However, I have never been able to manage my men in times of stress.

No comments: